Hungry White Girl Takes on the TV Tray Menu at Cook & Go Culinary Studio
Cook & Go Culinary Studio is this fantastic place where you can pop in, learn how to cook a full meal from top to bottom and pop back out onto the busy streets of Manhattan to go about your day. It’s a quick and inexpensive way to learn how to make some delicious goodies by a fabulous chef and the best part is, you don’t have to clear your whole day to participate! They offer a range of classes with menus such as Healthy Living, TV Tray, Comfort Food, Tuscan Night, Vietnamese and Vegetarian.
For our first visit to Cook & Go, my boyfriend, Alex, and I decided on the TV Tray menu. With a little salad, a little soup and some dessert you can’t go wrong in my book. Our class consisted of 8 cooks and Chef Joan taught us techniques to make the goods. We prepared a delicious spinach salad with a hot bacon vinaigrette dressing, chicken and corn chowder with a buttermilk biscuit and a cream filled oatmeal chocolate chip cookie sandwich.
Preparing our Chicken Corn Chowder and Spinach Bacon Salad. Yum!
Who Doesn’t Love a Buttermilk Biscuit?
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich for the Win!
It was super fun to be in the kitchen with the other cooks and learning how to make everything from scratch. Chef Joan said I was a little heavy on the flour for the biscuits and cookies, but what can I say? I like carbs. To check out all the classes offered at Cook & Go Culinary Studio check out their website here and be sure to tell them Hungry White Girl Sent you!
Interested in attending a Cook & Go Class? Follow the steps below!
1. Decided you want to be a chef for 90 minutes.
2. Visit the website and choose a three course meal you’d like to cook.
3. Commit and book it! (Most classes average about $50 a person)
4. Attend the class and learn how to prepare the dishes from a Cook & Go Chef.
5. Pack up your goodies.
6. Find a scenic area with a bench and pop a squat.
7. Eat your culinary creations and let your taste buds enjoy!
8. Thank Confessions of a Hungry White Girl for filling you in. And, you’re welcome!
Thanks for a great class Cook & Go!
Follow me on social media:
Pinterest: Olivia Castriota